Perham Health is committed to the health of our patients, residents, employees, and the communities we serve. We will continue to provide the most current COVID-19 information.
What you Need to Know about COVID-19
- Fever of 100.4°+
- Shortness of breath
- Chills or shaking chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- If you suspect you are infected or have symptoms, do not go to work and do not travel.
Call your doctor’s office. Do not go directly to your clinic. Be ready to report your symptoms, recent travels, and possible exposures.
You should only go to the emergency department if you are having difficulty breathing.
Treatment for COVID-19 is supportive care (treating the symptoms). There are no antiviral or vaccine options at this time.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Practice good respiratory and hand hygiene:
- Cover your cough and sneezes.
- Wash your hands often (for at least 20 seconds) and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
The price of diagnostic laboratory testing for COVID-19 through Perham Health is $140.
Most insurance companies and government programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid, have taken steps to ensure coverage to eliminate patient or out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 testing at this time.
Watch this video to learn more about COVID-19, how it’s spread, and how to prevent getting infected.