Whether you are a first-time parent or looking for a refresher, our classes are designed to provide you with important information to help prepare for each stage of your labor, delivery and early days with your new baby.
A childbirth class can be a great forum to ask questions and help you make informed decisions about your baby’s birth. This two-class series is designed for parents in the second and third trimesters to prepare for the delivery process.
- Taking care of yourself during late pregnancy and after delivery
- The labor and delivery process
- Q&A with an anesthesia provider about pain relief options
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- The role of the coach or labor partner
- Introduction to procedures and equipment for your delivery
- Cesarean discussion
- Birth and postpartum cares for you and baby
- Skin-to-skin time
- Introduction to breastfeeding
- Tour of our Family Birth Center
This two-hour class focuses on the benefit of breastfeeding for you and your baby. You will learn how your body makes milk and why it is the best food for your baby. Other topics include latch and positioning, when to feed your baby, breast care, breast pumps, and the breastfeeding lifestyle.
Go to our Events & Classes page to register.
Breastfeeding support is readily available from our team of certified lactation counselors and international board certified lactation consultant for baby weight checks, latch assistance, and any breastfeeding concerns. We are here to help. Call for a phone consult or to make an appointment with one of our counselors.
Call 218-347-1444 or 218-347-1245.