Respiratory therapy services are provided to patients with disorders of pulmonary and cardiac systems to include diagnostic testing, therapeutic care, emergency airway management, and patient education.
Our respiratory therapist is specially trained to help patients with breathing or lung problems. The respiratory therapist works with providers and nurses to care for all ages of patients in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. Respiratory services provided include:
- Oxygen therapy
- Medication therapy to assist with breathing using inhalers or nebulizers
- Respiratory and lung assessments
- Testing to measure lung function
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Asthma education
- Smoking and tobacco cessation
Smoking and tobacco cessation counseling sessions include:
- Assessing your history of tobacco use.
- Education about the tobacco product you are currently using.
- Identification of personal triggers and suggestions for controlling cravings.
- Review of medication options to assist with quitting.
- Development of your own personal quit plan.
Many insurances cover cessation programs. Check with your plan provider.