Respiratory therapy services are provided to patients with disorders of pulmonary and cardiac systems to include diagnostic testing, therapeutic care, emergency airway management, and patient education.
Our respiratory therapist is specially trained to help patients with breathing or lung problems. The respiratory therapist works with providers and nurses to care for all ages of patients in both the inpatient and outpatient settings.
Respiratory services provided include:
- Oxygen therapy
- Medication therapy to assist with breathing using inhalers or nebulizers
- Respiratory and lung assessments
- Testing to measure lung function
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Asthma education
Get the help you deserve. Most tobacco users say they would quit if it was just a little easier – today, it can be.
Perham Health’s respiratory therapist specializes in treating tobacco dependence. She’ll meet you wherever you are on your journey and create an individualized tobacco cessation and relapse prevention program tailored to your unique needs. Our confidential, one-on-one education and information sessions are offered in a comfortable and guilt-free environment.
Counseling takes approximately one hour and includes:
• Assessing your history of tobacco use.
• Education about the tobacco product you use.
• Identification of personal triggers and suggestions for controlling cravings.
• Review of medication options to assist with quitting.
• Development of your own personal quit plan.
Take the first step.
Contact your primary care provider and ask for a referral to come and see us. Appointments with our specialist are available now and referrals can be made by any healthcare provider. Many insurances cover cessation programs, so check with your plan provider on coverage.
Call 218-347-1590 to get started.