Whether they’re providing service or raising funds to support programs and activities, our volunteers play an integral role at Perham Health. Ever since the establishment of the original St. James Hospital in 1902, volunteers have worked alongside our team to build the Perham Health we know today. Today, our volunteers can be found greeting visitors at the front door, working in the gift shops, tending to our beautiful courtyard, or providing activities to the residents of Perham Living. Perham Health volunteers also raise funds and offer a grant program to support items and programs that enhance the experience of Perham Health’s patients, residents, and visitors.
Perham Health Volunteer Grant
Since 2007, the Perham Health volunteers have granted over $70,000 to the Perham Health organization. Below are just some of the items the grant has supported:
- Chests filled with vintage items in the Perham Living households for residents to view and reminisce.
- Giraffe pediatric scale for tiny patients at the clinic.
- Artwork from local artists for the clinic expansion.
- Percussion equipment for Perham Living resident drumming circle.
- Bowling set for Adult Day Services clients.
- Activity cart for hospital patients to enjoy.
- CDs for the Perham Living Juke Box.
- Birthing Balls for the Family Birth Center.
- Gaming equipment such as Wiis & Xboxes for residents to enjoy with their families.
- The ‘Let’s Go Fishing’ program to give residents the opportunity to go fishing.
- Charging stations throughout the hospital to allow patients and visitors to charge their mobile devices.
- Funds support the Red River Valley Veterans Band Concert for Perham Living residents.
- Patio furniture for St. James and Briarwood residents.
The Perham Health volunteers host a number of fundraisers throughout the year to support their grant program. Some of the most popular are the deer hunting bake sale, new-to-you purse sale, Valentine’s Day fudge sale, and the bed sheet sale.
Movin’ in May Virtual 5k
This year, the Perham Health Volunteers are hosting the first Movin’ in May Virtual 5k. With a $5 donation, you can join the community in a virtual 5k by walking, running, biking, or actively moving in any way.
The virtual 5k runs from Monday, May 10, 2021, to Monday, May 17, 2021. This fun run is for all ages and abilities – run, walk, bike, or move at your own pace, anywhere the road takes you! Track your distance throughout the week and share your experience on social by posting a selfie or group photo with your bib – don’t forget to mention @PerhamHealth and use the hashtag: #MovinForVolunteers.
Click HERE to sign up for the Movin’ in May Virtual 5k.